Trittico is an antidepressant that is widely used in psychiatric practice for the treatment of mental disorders such as depressive states, recurrent depressive episodes, accompanied by anxiety or without anxiety.
The drug effectively affects somatic (headache, palpitations, frequent urination, muscle pain, hyperventilation, sweating) and mental (irritability, affective tension, insomnia, fear) anxiety symptoms. It also helps to improve mood, stabilize the emotional state, reduce the pathological craving for alcohol in patients suffering from chronic alcoholism during withdrawal syndrome and during remission.
Trittiko does not affect the neutral uptake of dopamine and norepinephrine, on body weight, does not lead to addiction.
Antidepressant, a derivative of thiazolopyridine.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Trittiko cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 690 rubles.
Composition and release form
Trittiko comes in the form of white tablets, the main active ingredient of which is trazodone hydrochloride. As excipients in Trittiko tablets are used: carnauba wax, sucrose, povidone, magnesium stearate.
Tablets are available in 75 and 150 mg.
The preparation Trittiko is synthesized on the basis of trazodone, which is a derivative of triazolopyridine. Effective in the treatment of depressive states, as well as pathologies associated with anxiety, problems with falling asleep. It has a fast action - already during the first week the anti-depressant Trittiko begins to show effect in eliminating the symptoms of depression.
Trazodone, as an active substance, acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and receptor antagonist, activation of which is usually associated with the development of anxiety, insomnia, changes in sexual function and psychomotor agitation. Unlike other psychotropic drugs, this antidepressant is approved for use in glaucoma and urinary system diseases, does not cause extrapyramidal effects and does not potentiate adrenergic transmission.
It has no effect on heart function, typical of tricyclic antidepressants. Excreted in half within half a day, mainly with urine in the form of inactive products of metabolism. Metabolized in the liver.
Indications for use
This drug is intended for the treatment of the following disease states:
- psychogenic depression (neurotic and reactive depression);
- benzodiazepine addiction;
- alcoholic depression;
- anxiety-depressive states of endogenous nature (involutional depression);
- anxiety-depressive states caused by organic diseases of the central nervous system (Alzheimer's disease, dementia, atherosclerosis of the brain vessels, etc.);
- depressive states with prolonged pain syndrome;
- disorders of potency and libido (disorders of erectile dysfunction with depression).
According to the instructions Trittiko can not be used in such cases:
- in the presence of high sensitivity to the drug components;
- lactation and pregnancy.
- age less than 6 years.
Caution should be given to persons with AV block, ventricular arrhythmia, myocardial infarction, hypertension, liver or kidney failure, as well as to persons under 18 years of age, due to the risk of developing a suicidal behavior (aggressiveness, suicidal plans, anger).
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
No data were found on the harm to the fetus, but if the expectant mother took Trittico before delivery, monitoring of the condition of the newborn is required. Take only under medical supervision and with caution.
Trazodone can penetrate in small quantities into breast milk, because at the time of its application it is recommended to interrupt breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Trittiko tablets are taken orally, swallowing whole, drinking plenty of water, 0.5 hours before or 2-4 hours after a meal.
Recommended Dosing Trittiko:
- depression with anxiety and without it: the initial dose - 100 mg once before bedtime. After three days of therapy, the dose can be increased to 150 mg. Further, to achieve the optimal clinical effect, the dose should be increased to 50 mg every 3-4 days. If the daily dose exceeds 150 mg, then it should be divided into 2 doses: after lunch, take a smaller dose, before bedtime - the main. The maximum daily dose: for outpatients - 450 mg, for patients in the hospital - 600 mg;
- treatment of impotence: monotherapy - more than 200 mg per day, as part of combination therapy - 50 mg per day;
- treatment of libido disorders: 50 mg per day;
- benzodiazepine dependence: according to the scheme, which provides for a simultaneous reduction of the dose of benzodiazepine by 1/4 or 1/2 tablets and increasing the dose of trazodone by 50 mg, taken within 21 days. Then continue to gradually reduce the dose of benzodiazepines, each time increasing the dose of trazodone. After the complete abolition of benzodiazepine proceed to lowering the daily dose of trazodone by 50 mg with an interval of 21 days.
The initial dose of Trittiko for weakened and elderly patients should be no more than 100 mg per day. It is selected individually and prescribed once before bedtime or divided into two doses. Increasing the dose should be carried out under the supervision of a physician, taking into account the effectiveness and tolerability of the drug. For this category of patients it is not recommended to exceed the maximum daily dose of 300 mg.
For children aged 6 to 18 years, the dose is determined based on the weight of the child at the rate of 1.5-2 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day and divide it into several doses. To achieve the desired therapeutic effect, the initial dose of Trittiko can be gradually increased, observing the interval of 3-4 days. The maximum daily dose for children should not exceed 6 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
While taking Trittiko tablets, patients may develop some side effects:
- on the part of the digestive system - dry mouth, thirst, pain in the stomach, nausea, intestinal atony, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, bloating and flatulence, delayed stool, constipation, in severe cases, intestinal obstruction;
- on the part of the skin and musculoskeletal system - itching, erythematous rash, excessive sweating, pain in the joints, muscle pain;
- on the part of the urogenital system - priapism, urination disorders;
- on the part of blood counts - thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, leukopenia, iron deficiency anemia;
- on the part of the nervous system - dizziness and headaches, confusion, phobias, hallucinations, paresthesias, a violation of taste, tremor of the extremities, seizures seizures of the type of epileptic seizure;
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - rapid heartbeat, extrasystole for ventricular type, reduction in blood pressure, fainting, the development of acute vascular insufficiency;
- fatigue, drowsiness, apathy, fever, flu-like symptoms.
If one or more side effects occur, treatment with the drug should be stopped and consult a doctor.
Overdose causes the following symptoms:
- respiratory failure;
In cases of severe overdose, a coma develops. Heart symptomatic complex may include bradycardia and tachycardia. Symptoms may occur within a day after an overdose and later. Simultaneous use with other antidepressants is dangerous development of a serotoninovy syndrome.
The drug has no specific antidote. For adults with an overdose of more than 1 g of trazodone, or for children with an overdose of more than 0.15 g, activated charcoal should be taken within an hour after the onset of symptoms of overdose. In other cases, gastric lavage is advisable.
It is necessary to monitor the patient's condition for twelve hours after the overdose. Control of blood pressure, pulse, blood saturation with oxygen is recommended. In patients with heart disease, it is necessary to monitor heart activity.
For short-term seizures, treatment is not indicated. Frequent and prolonged seizures are eliminated by the intravenous administration of Diazepam or Lorazepam. If these measures did not help eliminate seizures, put the phenytoin drip.
In case of arterial hypotension and sedative effect, supportive and symptomatic therapy is used.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Alcohol is contraindicated during medication.
- If, while taking the pills, the patient has a long and inadequate erection, you should consult a doctor.
- Trittiko's lack of anticholinergic action allows his appointment with prostatic hypertrophy, angle-closure glaucoma, impaired cognitive functions, elderly patients.
- When prescribing Trittiko in patients with impaired cardiac conduction, AV block, or after a recent myocardial infarction, trazodone adrenolytic activity and the risk of developing bradycardia and lowering blood pressure should be considered.
- During treatment, it is recommended to periodically analyze peripheral blood, including the appearance of pain in the throat when swallowing or fever. This will allow to diagnose agranulocytosis in a timely manner and establish cases of development of severe leukopenia.
In the period of depression increases the risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior, including against the background of taking antidepressants, especially before the age of 24 years. Therefore, before the onset of severe remission, patients need careful observation. If there are unusual changes in behavior, you should immediately consult your doctor.
Interaction with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- A case of the development of a “pirouette” type arrhythmia with simultaneous use of trazodone with amiodarone is described.
- A case of a moderately pronounced decrease in the anticoagulant effect of warfarin with simultaneous use with trazodone is described.
- With simultaneous use with lithium salts, tremor is possible, reversible symptoms of neurotoxic action.
- When receiving pseudoephedrine during therapy with trazodone, a case of anxiety, panic state, blackout of consciousness, and depersonalization is described.
- With simultaneous use with ethanol, the inhibitory effect on the central nervous system is enhanced.
- With simultaneous use may increase the concentration of digoxin in the blood plasma and the development of symptoms of intoxication.
- With simultaneous use with carbamazepine described a case of increasing the concentration of carbamazepine in the blood plasma.
- With simultaneous use with thioridazine may increase the concentration of trazodone in the blood plasma; with tryptophan - described a case of anorexia, psychosis, hypomania; with phenytoin - described the case of increased side effects of phenytoin; with fluoxetine - possible increased side effects; with chlorpromazine, trifluoperazin - development of arterial hypotension is possible.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Trittiko:
- Victoria. I take 50 mg for THREE YEARS for sleep. It helps very well. Only in the morning you need to drink coffee right away, and no sleepiness all day. For me it was a salvation from insomnia. Good health!
- Angelina Trittico was prescribed to me by a neuropathologist for insomnia and depressed mood. She used to take benzodiazepine pills, got used to them, the doctor said that at the same time he would also let go of the benzodiazepine. It helped me, I began to sleep well, but not without side effects - my head was aching, nauseous from time to time, then passed.
- Alexander. Great drug. He began to feel better - he had a peaceful sleep, he had a muscular pain in his legs, his legs became light and his gait changed. I wake up like a child, even deep breathing after taking has improved the effect of the preoperats I take from asthma, and the expectoration of sputum has improved, and this process itself is controlled by me. Of the side effects of the disease - a small ringing in the ears, but this is minor compared with positive results.
Antidepressants based on trazodone hydrochloride, except Trittiko, are not available. According to the mechanism of action and the relation to one pharmacological group, the following drugs are related to the analogues of this medicinal product:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.