Sinupret is a herbal preparation for the treatment of diseases of the nasal cavity (acute and chronic rhinitis, sinusitis) from the phytoning company "Bionorica SE" (Germany).
Herbal components contained in this medicine have high systemic activity, significantly reduce the swelling of mucous tissues, regulate secreted secretions, normalize the ventilation of the sinuses, activate drainage and eliminate nasal congestion of any nature.
Due to these properties, Sinupret is widely used to treat patients of all ages. The high biocompatibility of the drug allows it to be used for the treatment of young children and immunocompromised patients.
Combined herbal preparation with secretolytic, secretomotor, anti-inflammatory and antiviral action.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Sinupret cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 400 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug is produced in the form of tablets (pills) and drops for oral administration. For the youngest patients, Sinupret is produced in the form of a sweet syrup. Depending on the form of release, the medicine contains powder or extracts of medicinal plants: primrose, elderberry, verbena, gentian, sorrel. These active ingredients of the drug provide its therapeutic effect.
Sinupret tablets are round, biconvex pills, covered with a green shell. One dragee contains:
- Gentian flowers (powder) - 6 mg
- Primrose flowers (powder) - 18 mg
- Elderberry Flowers (powder) - 18mg
- Sorrel grass (powder) - 18 mg
- Vervain grass (powder) - 18 mg
Another tablet form of the drug - Sinupret Forte, contains the same herbal ingredients, but in double the amount.
Sinupret is a complex herbal preparation that exhibits such 5 actions:
- Immunostimulating. Sinupret works as an immunomodulator, reducing the number of relapses and complications.
- Antiviral. It inhibits reproduction of the most popular viruses that cause respiratory diseases.
- Secretolithic. It reduces the amount of exudate secreted and the number of inflammatory mediators.
- Antibacterial. It exhibits antibacterial activity against various pathogens of respiratory diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory. Reduces swelling and inflammation, facilitates nasal breathing.
The drug contains 5 main plants that exhibit a therapeutic effect:
- Elderberry flowers. Rich in flavonoids, among which rutin is of particular value.
- Verbena officinalis. Rich in flavonoids, glycosides, bitter compounds, essential oils. Shows sekretoliticheskaya, anti-edema and antiviral activity.
- Gentian root. Rich in components such as bitterness, most of which is genciopycrine. Gentian also contains Amarohistin, whose activity is higher and determines the value of the plant. Gentian root is necessary for the anti-edema effect of Sinupret.
- Primrose. Contains carotenoids and flavonoids. In industrial production, Sinupret uses only primrose of high quality, which does not contain the allergenic component - primin.
- Sorrel leaf. Contains flavonoids, hydroxycinnamic acids and other beneficial compounds. It shows anti-edematous, antioxidant activity and inhibits the growth of foreign microorganisms.
Plants in the composition of Sinupret inhibit the reproduction of viruses, including influenza A and parainfluenza. The result of the reception also becomes the restoration of the drainage function and ventilation of the sinuses, which significantly speeds up recovery. The drug relieves the patient from discomfort during respiratory diseases, eliminates nasal congestion, increases the protective properties of the epithelium in the respiratory tract. Simultaneous administration of Sinupret and antibiotics increases the effectiveness of therapy.
Indications for use
The main purpose of the drug "Sinupret" is to treat various diseases of the nose that have infectious etiology. The drug is effective in pathologies of the upper respiratory tract, accompanied by the release of viscous secretions from the nasal passages. According to official instructions, the tool can be prescribed for the treatment of the following ailments:
- tracheitis and tracheobronchitis;
- acute and chronic sinusitis;
- bronchitis (medication promotes expectoration of sputum);
- allergic rhinitis;
For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the paranasal sinuses of the nose, Sinupret (tablets) showed itself in the best way. The feedback from many patients suggests that even in the advanced stage, the drug brings relief during the first days of administration. Otolaryngologists often recommend taking Sinupret because of natural ingredients that have a mild therapeutic effect and do not affect the negative on the body, such as antibiotics.
It should be borne in mind that for the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract medication should be used only as part of complex therapy.
The drug has a number of serious limitations and contraindications, so before starting treatment you should carefully read the instructions for the drug.
Contraindications to taking Sinupret are:
- The age of children under 6 years is due to the lack of data on the safety of the drug and the fact that the tests were not conducted;
- Congenital lactose intolerance;
- Lactase deficiency;
- Individual intolerance to the drug.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
In the first trimester of pregnancy, the use of the drug is contraindicated, since at this stage the insertion of the internal organs and systems of the fetus takes place, and the effect of drugs on a woman’s body can lead to adverse effects.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, the use of Sinupret pills is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus. The drug is prescribed to the expectant mother in the minimum effective dosage under strict medical supervision. If any side effects occur, the drug is canceled.
There is no data regarding the ability of the drug to penetrate into breast milk in a nursing mother and its safety for infants. Due to the lack of information dragee Sinupret not prescribed for the treatment of women during lactation. If necessary, use the drug should decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, the exact dose of Sinupret tablets and the duration of the course of treatment are determined by the doctor for each individual patient individually - this depends on the age of the patient, the severity of the disease, the presence of complications and the characteristics of the organism.
- Usually dragees of 1 piece are ingested 3 times a day, not chewed or crushed, drinking plenty of water.
The duration of the course of therapy is 7-14 days, however, if there are no visible improvements or the patient's condition has worsened while taking the drug, it is necessary to consult a doctor again.
Adverse reactions to the use of Sinupret develop extremely rarely. In some cases, there are violations of the gastrointestinal tract in the form of nausea, heartburn, vomiting, or abdominal pain.
In patients with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug may experience allergic reactions: redness of the skin, rash, itching. Adverse reactions usually quickly pass after drug withdrawal.
In severe cases, dyspnea and angioedema may develop, such conditions require emergency medical care.
Cases of overdose are unknown. If daily doses are significantly exceeded, side effects may arise or appear for the first time. In these cases, an urgent need to seek medical attention. Especially dangerous is an overdose of Sinupret drops in children, since the drug is made on an alcohol basis.
The instruction for patients with diabetes mellitus: digestible carbohydrates contained in one dragee are about 0.01 bread units (CU).
The use of the drug does not affect the ability to perform potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (including driving, working with moving mechanisms).
Interaction with other drugs
Combination with antibacterial drugs is possible and appropriate.
Interaction with other drugs is still unknown.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Sinupret tablets:
- Zinaida I drank these pills more than once and always remain satisfied with the result. With them, nasal congestion quickly passes, and moreover, I do not use vasoconstrictive drops at all. I buy synupret and drink only them. And the daughter was given a drop of synopret, also with stuffiness in the nose, again the result was excellent - after a few days the child breathed through the nose, and not through the mouth.
- Tatyana. Sinupret was prescribed to a child with colds and edema of the nasal mucosa. At first I was alarmed by the alcohol base of the preparation, But when diluted in a liquid, alcohol is not felt at all, but I was pleased with quick relief. The great advantage of synupret versus vasoconstrictor drugs is that it is not addictive, and is well tolerated by a child. Excellent tool, always use for colds.
- Kolya. When the stage of sinusitis is neglected, I only sinupret and saved me. Other drugs did not help at all. Although someone like - everyone has different reviews. Organisms are different, drugs can be forged, the causes of the disease are different - therefore, each has his own.
Sinupret has no structural analogs for the active substance, since it is a combination herbal preparation with a unique composition.
- Such a plant remedies have such remedies as Atma, Aflubin, Zinnabsin, Rinopront, Tonsilgon.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Sinupret or Zinnabsin - which is better?
Cinnabsin is a homeopathic remedy aimed at relieving inflammation, swelling in the tissues and raising the immune system. Like Sinupret, it is prescribed for sinusitis of various origins.
It can be taken by pregnant and lactating women under the supervision of the attending physician. Children are allowed to give it from 3 years. The drug is contraindicated in people with individual sensitivity to herbal ingredients. The disadvantage of Zinnabsin in comparison with Sinupret is the high price. Packing 100 tablets will cost 670-700 rubles.
What drug to appoint in a particular case, the doctor determines.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store at a temperature not higher than 30 degrees. After the expiration date, the drug can not be used. Shelf life - 3 years.