Nemozol is a highly effective anthelmintic drug.
The main mechanism of action is associated with an inhibitory effect on beta-tubulin polymerization, which leads to the destruction of cytoplasmic microtubules of helminth cells in the intestinal tract, changes the course of biochemical processes (suppresses glucose utilization), blocks the movement of secretory granules and other organelles in the muscle cells of roundworms, causing their death. .
Nemozol is most active in reviews regarding the larval forms of cestodes Taenia solium and Echinococcus granulosus, and nematodes Strongyloides stercolatis.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Nemozol in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 225 rubles.
Release form and composition
Anthelmintic agent Nemozol is available in the following dosage forms:
- Nemozol chewable tablets are oval, capsule-shaped, white in color, with a risk on one side. Each tablet contains 400 mg of albendazole + auxiliary components. In a cardboard pack with the drug is a blister with 1 chewable tablet Nemozol.
- Suspension Nemozol - is a homogeneous white substance with a fruity aroma. In 5 ml of the suspension (1 scoop) is 100 mg of the active substance albendazole + auxiliary components. Suspension produced in plastic bottles of 20 ml. Nemozol children preferably given in the form of a suspension.
- Tablets Nemozol in a film cover - round, biconvex, white color. Available in 2 versions with different concentrations of the active substance: 200 mg and 400 mg. In addition to albendazole, the preparation contains auxiliary components (sodium lauryl sulfate, starch, talc, povidone, gelatin, etc.). Tablets of 1 or 2 pieces are packaged in blisters and packaged in cardboard packs.
Various forms of release - one of the advantages of anthelmintic drugs. For children, the drug is produced in the form of a suspension with a pleasant taste, which does not cause them to reject. Adults also have a choice. If they do not like to swallow ordinary tablets, you can buy a chewable form of the drug with a pleasant taste and pineapple or mint flavor.
Albendazole (Albendazole) contained in Nemozol is an antiparasitic agent with a broad spectrum of action.
The main mechanism of action of a substance is associated with its ability to inhibit the polymerization of beta-tubulin protein. This leads to the fact that the activity of the cytoplasmic microtubular system is disturbed in the intestinal cells of the worms; the course of biochemical processes in parasite organisms changes; in nematode muscle cells, the movement of secretory granules and other organelles is blocked. The result of this impact is the death of the parasite.
It is most effective against larvae of tapeworms (pork tapeworm and echinococcus), as well as with respect to roundworms Strongyloides stercolatis (intestinal eel).
Indications for use
Nemozol treatment is recommended for:
- mixed helminthic invasions;
- nematodoses - necatoria, enterobiasis, ankilostomidoze, ascariasis, trichocephalosis;
- neurocysticercosis, caused by the larval form of Taenia solium;
- echinococcosis of the lungs, peritoneum and liver, caused by the larval form of Echinococcus granulosus.
Nemozol is recommended to be used as an aid in the surgical treatment of echinococcosis cysts.
- Retinal damage;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or other benzimidazole derivatives.
Relative (caution should be exercised due to the risk of complications):
- Impaired liver function;
- Violation of blood formation;
Use during pregnancy and lactation
In pregnancy / lactation, use of albendazole is contraindicated. If necessary, the appointment of the drug to lactating women, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
To prevent the use of Nemozol in the early stages of pregnancy for women of childbearing age, treatment should be initiated only after excluding the fact of pregnancy.
In the period of use of the suspension / tablets should be provided with reliable contraception.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Nemozol taken during the meal. It is recommended that simultaneous treatment of all family members.
The average therapeutic dose in the treatment of nematodoses for adults and children older than 2 years is 400 mg or 20 ml of the oral suspension once.
- In case of giardiasis, the drug is prescribed for children at the rate of 10-15 mg / kg 1 time / day for 5-7 days.
- When neurocysticercosis and echinococcosis in patients with a body weight of 60 kg or more, the drug is prescribed 400 mg 2 times / day; with a body weight less than 60 kg, the dose is established at the rate of 15 mg / kg / day in 2 doses. The maximum daily dose is 800 mg (400 mg 2 times / day). The course of treatment for neurocysticercosis is 8-30 days; with echinococcosis - 3 cycles of 28 days each with a 14-day interval between cycles.
- In toxocariasis, adults and children over 14 years old with a body weight of more than 60 kg are prescribed 400 mg 2 times / day; weighing less than 60 kg - 200 mg 2 times / day; children under 14 years of age set the dose at the rate of 10 mg / kg 2 times / day. Duration of therapy is 7-14 days.
Reviews Nemozole for children and adults indicate that the parasites after taking the drug usually come out within a week. 3 weeks after treatment, it is recommended to repeat the analysis of feces.
According to reviews, Nemozol is well tolerated in most cases by children and adults. Sometimes when taking the drug there are disorders of the digestive system, manifested as nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting.
Nemozol also reviews may contribute to violations and other vital body systems in the form of:
- Dermatological reactions: itching, skin rash, reversible alopecia;
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, meningeal symptoms;
- Hematopoietic system: agranulocytosis, pancytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia;
- The digestive system: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abnormal liver function (moderate or slight increase in transaminase activity);
- Others: increased blood pressure, allergic reactions, fever, acute renal failure.
When accidentally ingesting a large number of tablets in a patient, there is an increase in the above-described side effects, a change in blood pressure indicators, and impaired liver function.
With the development of signs of overdose, wash the stomach of the patient and give to take activated charcoal or any other sorbent. If necessary, symptomatic treatment.
Against the background of the drug is recommended to monitor the cellular composition of blood. If leukopenia occurs, therapy is suspended.
Blood tests should be performed at the beginning of each 28-day cycle every 2 weeks during the period of treatment with albendazole. It is possible to continue treatment with albendazole if the decrease in the total content of leukocytes and neutrophil leukocytes is moderate and does not progress.
With neurocysticercosis, appropriate therapy of corticosteroids and anticonvulsants should be carried out. GCS for oral or IV administration is used to prevent a hypertensive attack in the first week of anti-cystic therapy.
When combined with albendazole, dexamethasone and cimetidine increase the concentration of albendazole sulfoxide in the blood.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Nemozol:
- Rita. The child is 3 years old, in the feces of ascaris eggs. On the advice of the doctors, Nemozol was given suspension 3 times with breaks of 3-4 weeks - 250 mg, 400, 400 (whole bottle, adult dose). It did not help, nothing happened, every time there were eggs in the analysis. In vain poisoned the child.
- Tatyana. Faced worms with a child when they began to go to kindergarten. The doctor advised Nemozol. Immediately found in a pharmacy. She acted strictly according to the instructions. After the course of treatment, we forgot about these worms.
- Julia. Faced Nemozol a couple of months ago. The younger son began to cry and on the ass to show pain says, looked, and there !!! The evening was late, and the child wanted to help, they called the familiar pharmacist, she offered three drugs to choose from. Among them was Nemozol. Let's go to the pharmacy and take a suspension, since the little pills spit! During dinner, gave one teaspoon, about 20 grams. Nemozol tastes pleasant, and most importantly, not bitter. Itching, of course, went through about half an hour, but the next day I was in Calais byaka! According to the instructions, in five days I gave another teaspoon during the meal and that's it, after that there was no bak!
Structural analogues of the active substance are such anthelmintic drugs such as Helmodol, Albendazole and Sanoxal. Among other medicines with identical therapeutic effect can be called:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry, dark place and out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.