Diabetes MB is a drug designed to treat type 2 diabetes.
The active ingredient of the drug is gliclazide, which stimulates the beta cells of the pancreas so that they produce more insulin, which causes a decrease in blood sugar. MV designation of modified release tablets. Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea derivative. Gliclazide is released from tablets for 24 hours in uniform proportions, which is a plus in the treatment of diabetes.
On this page you will find all the information about Diabeton MB: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Diabeton MB. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Oral hypoglycemic drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Diabeton MB cost? The average price in pharmacies is 350 rubles.
Release form and composition
"Diabeton" produced in the following forms:
- 80 mg tablets.
- Diabeton MV modified-release tablets 60 mg.
The active ingredient of the drug is gliclazide - 80 mg (60 mg). The composition of the excipients: maltodextrin, magnesium stearate, hypromellose 100 cp, lactose monohydrate, silica colloidal anhydrous.
The active component of Diabeton (gliclazide) has a pronounced hypoglycemic effect, effectively reducing the concentration of glucose in the blood and stimulating insulin secretion by β-cells of the islets of Langerhans.
Diabetes on the background of type 2 diabetes in response to glucose intake contributes to the restoration of the early peak of insulin secretion and simultaneously enhances the second phase of its secretion. In addition, Diabeton, according to the instructions, reduces the risk of developing thrombosis of small vessels, affecting the mechanisms that are the main factors for the development of complications of diabetes.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Diabeton is prescribed:
- In the treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2 on the background of lack of effectiveness from physical exertion and diet therapy;
- For the prevention of complications of diabetes mellitus - reducing the risk of stroke, retinopathy, nephropathy and myocardial infarction.
This drug can be used only on prescription after a thorough examination and determination of the type of diabetes. Diabeton MV tablets have the following limitations and contraindications:
- Type 1 diabetes;
- Age less than 18 years;
- Ketoacidosis on the background of diabetes mellitus;
- Lactase deficiency or galactosemia;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Diabetic patient coma - the introduction of this drug can only aggravate the patient's condition.
With particular care, the drug Diabeton MV is prescribed to patients with abnormalities of the heart, hypothyroidism, chronic alcoholism, during therapy with glucocorticosteroids, elderly patients.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Diabetes MB in any dose during pregnancy is prohibited, as well as other oral agents for diabetes. Insulin preparations are prescribed instead. It is advisable to switch to insulin during the planning period. If the pregnancy occurred while taking Diabeton, the pill must be urgently canceled.
Studies on the penetration of gliclazide into breast milk and through it into the child’s body have not been conducted, therefore, Diabeton is not prescribed during the period of breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Diabeton MB is intended only for the treatment of adults. The recommended dose of the drug should be taken orally, 1 time / day, preferably during breakfast.
- The daily dose is 30-120 mg (1 / 2-2 tab.) In 1 reception. It is recommended to swallow a pill or half of the pill whole, without chewing or crushing.
When you skip one or more doses of the drug should not take a higher dose in the next dose, the missed dose should be taken the next day. As with other hypoglycemic drugs, the dose of the drug in each case must be selected individually, depending on the concentration of blood glucose and HbA1c.
- The initial recommended dose for adults (including for elderly patients ≥ 65 years) is 30 mg (1/2 tab.) / Day.
In case of adequate control, the drug in this dose can be used for maintenance therapy. With inadequate glycemic control, the daily dose of the drug can be consistently increased to 60 mg, 90 mg, or 120 mg. Increasing the dose is possible not earlier than after 1 month of drug therapy in the previously prescribed dose. The exception is made by patients at which concentration of glucose of blood did not decrease after 2 weeks of therapy. In such cases, the dose of the drug can be increased 2 weeks after the start of administration.
- The maximum recommended daily dose of the drug is 120 mg.
One tablet of the drug Diabeton MV tablets with a modified release of 60 mg is equivalent to 2 tab. Diabeton MB drug modified-release tablets 30 mg. The presence of notches on tablets 60 mg allows you to divide the tablet and take a daily dose of 30 mg (1/2 tablet. 60 mg), and if necessary, 90 mg (1 tablet. 60 mg and 1/2 tablet. 60 mg).
The most dangerous side effect is low blood sugar, hypoglycemia. Her symptoms: headache, fatigue, irritability, nightmares, palpitations. In severe cases, the patient may lose consciousness.
Diabeton MV causes severe hypoglycemia less often than other drugs - sulfonylurea derivatives. Other side effects - abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, rash, skin itches, increased activity of liver enzymes (AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase). At the beginning of taking Diabeton, there may be temporary visual impairment - due to the fact that blood sugar quickly drops. Hepatitis and jaundice are also possible, but rarely.
Adverse changes in the composition of the blood - extremely rare.
In case of an overdose of sulfonylurea derivatives, hypoglycemia may develop. Blood sugar will fall below normal, and it is dangerous. Mild hypoglycemia can be stopped by yourself, and in severe cases, emergency medical care is required.
After a long period of treatment, the effectiveness of Diabeton MB may decrease. This may be due to the progression of the disease or a decrease in the therapeutic response to the action of the drug - secondary drug resistance. Before diagnosing this disorder, it is necessary to assess the adequacy of dose selection and patient compliance with the prescribed diet.
During therapy, the development of hypoglycemia is possible, and in some cases - in a long / severe form, which requires hospitalization and intravenous administration of dextrose for several days. To avoid the development of hypoglycemia, careful individual selection of drugs and dosing regimen is required.
The likelihood of hypoglycemia increases in the following cases:
- renal failure;
- severe liver failure;
- overdose of Diabeton MV;
- combined use with certain drugs;
- an imbalance between the amount of carbohydrates and exercise;
- skipping meals, irregular / malnutrition, changing diets and fasting;
- refusal / inability of the patient to control his condition and to follow the prescription of a doctor (in particular, this applies to elderly patients);
- some endocrine disorders (thyroid disease, adrenal and pituitary insufficiency).
The weakening of glycemic control during the reception of Diabeton MV is possible with fever, injuries, infectious diseases or large surgical interventions. In these cases, you may need to cancel the drug and the appointment of insulin therapy.
Many drugs increase the risk of hypoglycemia if taken with Diabetes. This should be taken into account by the physician when prescribing the combined treatment of diabetes with acarbose, metformin, thiazolidinediones, dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors, GLP-1 agonists, and also insulin.
The effect of Diabeton MW is enhanced by drugs for hypertension - beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors, as well as fluconazole, histamine H2-receptor blockers, MAO inhibitors, sulfonamides, clarithromycin. Other drugs may weaken the action of gliclazide. Read more official instructions for use.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines, dietary supplements and herbs that you take before you are prescribed diabetes pills. Understand how to independently control blood sugar. Know what to do if it rises or vice versa decreases too much.
We picked up some feedback from people about Diabeton MB:
- Sasha. I was diagnosed with diabetes by chance, I underwent a blood test, and there, on an empty stomach, glucose was 13, with no special symptoms, I lived as usual. I immediately wanted to appoint insulin, refused. Started drinking Siofor and Diabeton. Sugar in the first days fell to 9, and then very slowly, for a month, crawled down. Now 6, maximum 8.
- Valentine Today received 60. Recommendation on the recipe 1/2 twice a day. I read the prem 1 time in the morning. What to do? Constantly different doctors and each his oppression. It is difficult to enroll to one. Previous Glidiab MB with metmorphin850 (2 times-metmorphine) reduced the CS to 3.75. After 2 hours less than 5. Here and replaced. Why not lower the dose of metmorphine? I already lived quietly.
- Lera. Year saw Metformin, dropped during this time 15 kg, 10 more left over. The doctor transferred me to Diabeton in a minimum dose of 30 mg. At first I was even glad; I only drink it once and reduces sugar well. And then I realized that each skip of food or a small portion leads to a drop in sugar. As a result, my weight loss stopped, and already gained 2 kg. At your own risk, I returned to Metformin, I will continue to slim.
According to reviews, Diabeton MW is an effective drug that helps reduce sugar levels. The development of side effects is reported only in rare cases. Of the disadvantages usually indicate a relatively high cost of the drug.
Analogues of the drug Diabeton MV are the following means:
- Glidiab pills;
- Glidiab MB;
- Diabefarm MV;
- Gliclazide MB.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store the drug should be in a dry, dark, cool place, away from children. The expiration date is indicated on the package, after its expiration the drug is recommended to be thrown away.