Grammidine is a topical antibacterial drug that increases the permeability of bacterial cells.
The use of the drug helps to increase salivation, which leads to increased elimination of pathogenic microflora from the body.
On this page you will find all the information about Grammidin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Grammidin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Antibacterial agent, has bacteriostatic (Streptococcus pneumoniae, meningococci, gonococci, anaerobic infection pathogens) and in high concentrations has a bactericidal effect on Streptococcus spp. and Staphylococcus spp.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
The cost of Grammeadin varieties in pharmacies in Russian cities currently ranges within the following limits:
- Grammidin Neo, 18 tablets - 190 - 245 rubles;
- Grammidin children, 18 tablets - 203 - 296 rubles;
- Grammidin with anesthetic Neo, 18 tablets - 210 - 279 rubles.
Release form and composition
Make tablets for resorption Grammidin in the following variations:
- Grammidine - white and yellowish tablets, each containing 1.5 mg Gramicidin C, as well as excipients: milk sugar, calcium stearate, methylcellulose, sugar). In packs of 10 tablets.
- Grammidine with anesthetic - sucking tablets convex shape with the taste of lemon, black currant or raspberry. Here, to 1.5 mg of gramicidin antibiotic, 10 mg of lidocaine anesthetic is added, which perfectly relieves a sharp sore throat in sore throat. Excipients: eucalyptus oil, citric acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, menthol, aspartame, mannitol and fruit flavoring.
- Grammidine NEO - round white tablets containing 1 mg of cetylpyridinium chloride and 3 mg of Gramicidin C each. Additional components of the drug are: colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, talc, sorbitol, mint flavor, acesulfame potassium. 6 or 9 tablets per pack.
The main component of gramicidin C has a pronounced antimicrobial action against the most common causative agents of infectious diseases of the pharynx and oral cavity. The drug effectively fights harmful microorganisms, reduces inflammation, eases swallowing and soothes discomfort in the throat.
The anesthetic that is part of Grammidin has a local anesthetic effect and effectively eliminates pain in the pharynx and oral mucosa. The tool relieves pain quickly enough: relief can be felt almost immediately after complete resorption of the pill.
Indications for use
What helps? The medicine Grammidin has a pronounced therapeutic effect in infections of the throat, gums and tongue.
Indications for appointment:
- periodontal disease
Grammeadin tablets have a pleasant mint flavor. However, this does not mean that the drug can be taken uncontrollably.
Grammidine - antibiotic or not?
Yes, it is an antibiotic. The main active ingredient is gramicidin C - an antibacterial agent for topical administration, discovered in the 1940s of the last century. The compound produced by bacteria Bacillus brevis has been developed for several decades and, finally, has been used - local antibiotic therapy of infectious diseases of the respiratory organs (oral resorption tablets).
Gramicidin is active against a wide range of pathogenic microbes: staphylococci, streptococci, some anaerobes. The main sphere of its bactericidal activity is gram-positive microorganisms, and they do not develop resistance to this antimicrobial drug at all. Bactericidal effect due to increased permeability of the cellular cytoplasmic membrane.
Grammidin tablets instructions for use prohibits with hypersensitivity to its components, as well as during breastfeeding. During pregnancy, treatment with this drug is allowed only after consulting a doctor and should be carried out with caution (with a dose and frequency limit). If necessary, the use of Grammydin during lactation breastfeeding is stopped.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Grammidine during pregnancy is not appointed due to the possible adverse effect of its components on the body of a woman and the fetus.
This medication also does not treat the throat during feeding. If the doctor strongly recommends that nursing mothers treat pharyngitis with Grammydin, for the duration of the course of therapy, breastfeeding should be stopped.
It should be understood that taking the drug during pregnancy or breastfeeding can provoke metabolic disorders, immunosuppression, allergization.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Grammidin and Grammidin with anesthetic are prescribed to adults and children (from 12 years) with two tablets. They should be resolved one by one within 20-30 minutes after a meal. After the use of the drug is not recommended to eat and drink for 1-2 hours. Take 4 times a day. Children up to 12 years prescribed 1-2 tablets 4 times a day. Course duration - 5-6 days.
Grammeidine NEO is prescribed for adults and children (from 12 years old) 1 tablet 3-4 times a day, and for children from 4 to 12 years old - 1 tablet 1-2 times a day. Course duration - 7 days.
The following symptoms can be caused by the Grammidin species as side effects:
- Grammydin - only allergic reactions;
- Grammidin Neo and Grammidin children - allergic reactions + diarrhea and nausea;
- Grammidine with anesthetic - allergic reactions + numbness of the tongue;
- Grammidine with anesthetic Neo - allergic reactions + diarrhea and nausea + numbness of the tongue.
To date, cases of overdose with sucking pills Grammidin children have not been registered.
Before you start using the drug, you should carefully read the instructions for it. There are several special instructions to pay attention to:
- The use of the drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration.
- As an auxiliary component of the drug is sugar, it must be considered for persons with concomitant diabetes.
- The use of Grammidin Children's tablets enhances the therapeutic effect of other antibacterial drugs, so their combined use is often recommended.
In the pharmacy network for the resorption of Grammeadine nursery released without a prescription. In case of any doubts or questions regarding their use, you should consult with your doctor.
As for the interaction of Grammidin with other drugs, the drug is capable of enhancing the various effects of many other antibiotics, which are prescribed both locally and systemically.
The drug is produced by a pharmaceutical company in the form of tablets that have either a white or white-yellow color. One standard cardboard packaging contains two plastic blisters, ten small tablets each.
The composition of the drug includes the active substance, as well as several additional components. The antibiotic gramicidin C with the addition of cetylpyridinium chloride and oxybuprocaine is the main component of the tablets. Inactive substances include: calcium stearate, milk sugar, sugar and methylcellulose.
We picked up some reviews from people about Grammidin:
- Kira I like grammidine most of all lozenges. The pain passes quickly. If you take Grammidine with anesthetic, it generally subsides immediately, it becomes easier to swallow and speak. My son was treated with a gramidin for stomatitis, he had sores in his mouth in the spring. I use for sore throat. I rinse first, then I dissolve. Sometimes I rinse without rinsing, efficiency is also felt. My recipe: if severe sore throat, then be treated comprehensively and take Grammidine with an anesthetic, take a course, and if the pain is not severe, then I dissolve Grammidin before the symptoms disappear.
- Nastya. The husband often catches cold, since even a sore throat has become a complication. At that time we immediately went to the doctor, he prescribed a set of medicines, and prescribed grammedin for pain in the throat (it was very sick). We thought ordinary lollipops, but once the doctor prescribed - it means it should be. Indeed, the sore throat quickly passed, the inflammation disappeared after the end of the drug intake period. It helps something quickly, but you need to remember that you need to take after a meal.
- Lyudmila. For me, Grammidin was the salvation after they banned the sale of bioparox spray with an antibiotic. Often the throat hurts, the sprays were still uncomfortable (often on the road somewhere), and so Grammidin threw in his mouth and went about his business. I like the combination of antiseptic and antimicrobial - work against sore throat on all fronts!
- Elsa. used Grammidin before, and then it became a discovery for me that it contained an antibiotic, I thought that just absorbable pills. From antibiotics, the load on the liver, passed to a safe antiseptic called Lizobakt, it acts on fungi and bacteria, it helps the throat well, I almost do not regret it, but the composition is natural.
Many drugs have a similar effect, similar in composition and even more affordable. You can easily choose a Grammydin analog, if the pharmacy does not have the right product. If the antibiotic is simple, then it can be replaced:
- Strepsilsom with eucalyptus, vitamin C, menthol;
- Yoks spray;
- Spray stopangin;
- Aerosol Bioparox;
- Angi Sept;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Without compromising the integrity and tightness of the packaging, the drug should be stored at a temperature of up to + 25 degrees Celsius, out of the reach of minors. Shelf life 3 years.