Gliatilin is used to improve the condition of patients suffering from memory disorders, emotional lability, excessive sensitivity or irritability caused by insufficient cerebral circulation and involutionary processes (dementia).
The drug improves blood circulation in the tissues, so it is often prescribed in order to restore consciousness after traumatic brain damage.
On this page you will find all the information about Gliatilin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Gliatilin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Gliatilin? The average price in pharmacies is at 830 rubles per capsule and 650 rubles per solution.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the following pharmaceutical forms:
- Gliatiin 400 mg gelatin capsules with a clear liquid inside. Sometimes they are mistakenly called tablets Gliatilin;
- Gliatilin injections - a clear solution in ampoules (for intramuscular and intravenous injections).
In addition to the main component - choline alfoscerate, the solution contains water for injection, and the capsules have a number of auxiliary components that ensure the integrity of the shell and promote the rapid penetration of the drug dose to the brain (stabilizers "E127" and "E171", esitol, sorbitans, glycerin and gelatin ).
Capsules are placed in a package of 14 pieces, and ampoules with a capacity of 4 ml are packed one by one and three pieces in a pack of cardboard. In addition to the medication itself, each package contains detailed instructions for its use, containing all the necessary information about the medication.
The active ingredient Gliatilin - choline, released in the brain, is involved in the biosynthesis of acetylcholine, improves the elasticity of membranes and receptor function. Components of the drug:
- They have a preventive and corrective effect on the phospholipid composition of neuronal membranes;
- Reduce cholinergic activity;
- They act on receptor function, synaptic transmission of nerve impulses and plasticity of the neural membrane;
- Activate the structures of the reticular formation of the brain;
- Increases cerebral blood flow and increase metabolic processes;
- Restore consciousness with brain injuries.
Indications for use
What helps? Indications for use of the drug Gliatilin are:
- Increased activity with attention deficit disorder;
- Traumatic brain injuries, accompanied by damage to the brainstem, impaired consciousness, coma;
- Rehabilitation of a child with cerebrovascular insufficiency, accompanied by memory impairment, disorientation, confusion and deterioration of concentration:
- The recovery period after hemorrhagic stroke and other circulatory pathologies;
- Disruption of mental development: irritability, loss of concentration and lack of interest;
- Involutional or degenerative psychoorganic syndrome;
- Postpartum complications.
The medicine is not prescribed in the following cases:
- if there is an individual hypersensitivity to choline alfoscerate or other components of this drug;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- children's age up to 18 years.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy Gliatilin is not prescribed, since this period is a direct contraindication to the use of this drug. During breastfeeding also Gliatilin is not recommended. If there is a need to use this drug during this period, then lactation should be stopped for a while.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Gliatilin in capsule form is intended for oral administration. It is advisable to take a capsule before eating, drinking a small amount of drinking water. Do not chew or crush the capsule. Doses of choline alfoscerate and the duration of therapy are determined by the attending physician. Gliatilin can be used for long-term therapy.
Consider the average dosage and duration of treatment of various chronic conditions with Gliatilin capsules:
- Concussion of the brain - taken orally from the first day of injury 400 mg (1 capsule), 2 times a day, for a month.
- The period of rehabilitation after a stroke is to be taken orally at 400 mg (1 capsule), 2 times a day, for two months.
- Deep violations of movements, thinking, speech and mental activity after a stroke - to take orally 400 mg (1 capsule), 2 times a day, for six months. You can start taking capsules from the second week after a stroke.
- The early recovery period after a stroke is ingested 400 mg (1 capsule), 2 times a day, for 2 months, starting from the second week after the stroke.
- Disorders of cerebral circulation (dyscirculatory encephalopathy, chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency, etc.) - take orally 400 mg (1 capsule) 2 times a day for 1 to 2 months.
- Dementia (dementia), Alzheimer's disease and dyscirculatory encephalopathy (cerebral circulatory disorders) with severe disorders of motor and intellectual function - first for 5-14 days Gliatilin is injected (one ampoule 2 times a day), and then for half a year they take inside 400 mg (1 capsule), 2 times a day.
- Traumatic brain injury in children - for a week after the injury Gliatilin is injected (1 ampoule 1 time per day), then 400 mg (1 capsule) is orally ingested 2 times a day, for 2 months from the second week.
- Brain contusion or polytrauma (damage to various parts of the body) - within a week after injury Gliatilin is injected (1 ampoule 1 time per day), then 400 mg (1 capsule) 2 times a day, second for 2 months.
If necessary, you can make repeated courses of taking Gliatilin capsules, keeping intervals between them for at least 4 - 6 months. Remember, the longer the course of treatment was, the longer the break should be until the next one.
Solution for injection - instructions
Designed for parenteral use. The solution is allowed to enter intramuscularly or intravenously.
For intravenous drip, the contents of 1 vial should be diluted in 50 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution. The rate of intravenous administration should not exceed 80 drops per minute. Doses of choline alfoscerate and the duration of therapy are determined by the attending physician. With the appearance of positive dynamics, it is recommended to switch from the parenteral form of the drug Gliatilin to the oral (capsules).
- In adults with acute conditions, as a rule, intramuscular administration of 1000 mg of choline alfoscerate or intravenous administration of 1000-3000 mg of choline alfosscerate per day is prescribed.
The recommended duration of therapy with the parenteral form of the drug is 5-10 days, however, if necessary, the attending physician can increase or decrease the course of injectable choline alfoscerate.
The use of the drug Gliatilin can cause side effects in the form of nausea and allergic reactions.
The main (and usually the only) sign of an overdose is nausea. Specific therapy is not required, it is recommended to cancel the drug or reduce the dosage.
Gliatilin does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and perform potentially hazardous activities that require a high rate of psychomotor reactions.
Significant interaction with other drugs is not installed.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Gliatilin:
- Anna. At night, I could not sleep because my fingers were numb, I did not feel them. I woke up from not feeling my fingers. hurt, not nice. A friend advised us to take gliatilin, said this drug helped her mother very much after the stroke — she was paralyzed half of us. I consulted with my daughter-in-law therapist — she approved (they themselves began to be taken every six months for prevention). I was greatly helped by gliatilin, the disease did not recur. Now I have opened the site, I want to try again to take, since the week has already hurt my leg from the hip to the ankle from the outside, whining constantly. Hope to help.
- Alexey. After 3 strokes, I happened to learn to walk and talk again. I had to bring the medicine from another city, but it was worth it. Passed a course of injections, and then saw capsules. It was possible to restore the body completely, and there were no side effects. Gliatilin capsules accept the course from time to time. Feel great.
- Nastya. At birth, my daughter suffered a birth trauma, because of her blood circulation in the vessels of the brain. The doctor prescribed Gliatilin injections, a 10-day course. A neurologist put the risk of epilepsy on us, but after the injections, the electroencephalogram showed that the areas of potential risk normalized, the blood circulation was restored.
- Olga The doctor attributed the use of the drug Gliatilin to me. In the pharmacy, I found out the price of the medicine and asked about analogues, because the price was high for me. However, the analogs did not differ much in cost from the original, so I bought Gliatilin in capsules. After two weeks of use, I felt better: my consciousness had become lighter, the headache had passed, and my well-being had improved.
Reviews on the use of children
More than 2/3 (70 - 78%) reviews of the use of Gliatilin for children are positive, due to the good therapeutic effect of the drug in the treatment of developmental delay. Thus, in the comments it is indicated that after the course of using Gliatilin, the children began to speak better, the vocabulary increased, the pronunciation of words improved, longer and more conscious phrases or sentences appeared in speech, etc.
Negative reviews of Gliatilin for children are due to a number of factors. First, the negative reviews were left by parents whose children did not tolerate the drug poorly, became restless during the reception, constantly crying, complaining of a headache, etc. Secondly, negative reviews are left by parents who have not received the expected therapeutic effect from Gliatilin.
Analogues of Gliatilin as belonging to one pharmacological group and mechanism of action are not produced. Analogs of Gliatilin on the active substance are:
- Nookholin Rompharm;
- Choline alfoscerat.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Gliatilin should be stored in a dark place out of reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The shelf life of gelatin capsules is 3 years, and the solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration is 5 years.