Amigrenin is an anti-migraine drug that can relieve pain in the first hours and reduce the associated symptoms.
Tryptane preparations have been specifically designed to combat migraines. The action of the drug is based on the elimination of serotonin imbalance in the body.
On this page you will find all the information about Amigrenin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Amigrenin tablets. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Amigrenin? The average price in pharmacies is 270 rubles.
Release form and composition
The medicine is produced in the form of coated tablets, each of which contains:
- 50 or 100 mg of sumatriptan (as sumatriptan succinate);
- Such excipients as lactose, sodium carboxymethyl starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, potato starch.
The shell includes: macrogol 4000, titanium dioxide, talc, povidone, hypromellose.
Implemented tablets of 2 pcs. in blisters, arranged in cartons.
Antifungal drug. A specific selective serotonin 5HT1B-1D receptor agonist (5-hydroxytryptamine-1-like), located mainly in the smooth muscles of the blood vessels of the brain.
Stimulation of 5HT1 receptors leads to a selective narrowing of blood vessels in the carotid artery system and a decrease in the processes of neurogenic inflammation, without having a significant effect on cerebral blood flow. In addition, it was experimentally established that sumatriptan inhibits the activity of the trigeminal nerve.
Indications for use
According to the instructions to Amigrenin, this drug is indicated for use in two cases:
- In order to relieve pain in acute migraine attacks, as well as eliminate their symptoms (with migraines with and without aura);
- In order to relieve pain in Horton syndrome (histamine cephalgia).
According to the annotation to the drug, the use of Amigrenin is contraindicated in patients with:
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Severe impaired liver function;
- Hemiplegic, ophthalmoplegic and basilar form of migraine;
- Uncontrolled arterial hypertension;
- Occlusive peripheral arterial disease;
- Stroke or transient cerebral circulation (including a history of).
Also taking Amigrenin is prohibited:
- Older people (over 65);
- In the presence of hypersensitivity to sumatriptan or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- Simultaneously with MAO inhibitors and within 14 days after their cancellation;
- For the prevention of migraine;
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- Children and teenagers under 18;
- Simultaneously with medicines, which include ergotamine or its derivatives.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
Instructions for use Amigrenin
The instructions for use indicate that the standard dosage of the drug Amigrenin - 50 mg. With insufficient dosage and, consequently, a weak effect, the dosage is increased to 100 mg. The maximum dosage of sumatriptan per day is 300 mg.
If there is no effect at all, then there is no point in taking the drug again. When resuming symptoms after a certain time, it is recommended to take a repeated dose.
According to reviews Amigrenin can cause side effects:
- Cardiovascular system: arterial hypotension, palpitations, tachycardia, angina, hyperemia of mucous membranes and skin, transient ECG changes in ischemic type, transient increase in blood pressure, bradycardia; manifestations of Raynaud's syndrome - in some cases;
- Digestive system: abdominal discomfort, nausea, dysphagia, vomiting, increased activity of liver enzymes, ischemic colitis;
- Central nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, visual disturbances (decreased acuity, scotoma, diplopia);
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, erythema, pruritus, anaphylaxis.
Reviews to Amigrenin also note myalgia, sensations of heaviness, tingling, pressure, heat, compression in different parts of the body.
Excess doses of the drug above the level of the average therapeutic dosage, develop symptoms of side effects. When they occur, you must stop taking the pills and seek medical help.
Amigrenin should not be used prophylactically.
- Before the appointment of sumatriptan to patients with newly diagnosed migraine or atypically flowing, other potentially dangerous neurological diseases should be excluded. It must be borne in mind that patients with migraine, there is a risk of stroke or transient cerebral circulatory disorders.
- In patients with hypersensitivity to sulfonamides with the introduction of sumatriptan there is an increased risk of allergic reactions (from skin manifestations to anaphylactic shock).
- It should not be prescribed to patients with suspected heart disease without prior examination. The first 2-3 doses should be taken under the supervision of a physician (a spasm of the coronary arteries is possible).
- If there is no effect on the first dose, the diagnosis should be clarified.
Experience with sumatriptan in patients over 65 years of age is limited (there is no significant difference in pharmacokinetics compared with younger patients). Since the use of Amigrenina can cause drowsiness, care should be taken when driving a car and working with machinery.
Simultaneous intake is not permitted: products containing ergot alkaloids; lithium preparations; inhibitors of reverse neuronal serotonin uptake; MAO inhibitors.
According to reviews, Amigrenin is a highly effective drug. He begins to act very quickly and helps to get rid of the painful headache provoked by migraine attack. In some patients, adverse reactions were observed, but very minor, so that patients continued to take the remedy to avoid recurrence of the seizures.
Emigran, Sumitran, Antimigren, Sumamigren basically also contain sumatriptan. Another analogue, similar to this drug in terms of its therapeutic effect, is Zomig drug, the active ingredient of which is zolmitriptan.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry and protected from sunlight.
Shelf life is 2 years.